ROOM TO BREATHEView Cart
Share with Others
HOW TO BRING MINDFULNESS TO YOUR SCHOOL OR DISTRICT
We encourage you to use your screening to build interest and support for bringing mindfulness to your local school or district -- with the goal of getting at least one teacher committed to mindfulness training.
Bringing mindfulness to your school or district can be done in several ways:
- a teacher or teachers can be trained in mindfulness through online courses or in person trainings (usually less expensive way to start)
- a trainer can be brought to your school or district site to work with teachers (usually more expensive, but more teachers can be trained at once)
- a local teacher or counsellor that is already trained in mindfulness can be recruited to train other teachers.
There are several different organizations that offer online, in person or on site trainings. Download our Screening Guide for a summary of each and what they offer. It's a good idea to have looked over and be familiar with these organizations and options before your screening.
To help implement mindfulness locally, use your screening to:
- Create a committee that can approach administrators or sympathetic teachers to get a commitment to mindfulness training, and work together in other ways as needed:
- Raise the funds needed to cover the costs of the trainings (see "Fundraising ideas" in our Screening Guide);
- Plan further screenings to broaden awareness and support for implementing mindfulness, if needed.
© 2012 Specialty Studios. All rights reserved | Site managed by: Dewdrop Media